To report a concern please call 757-393-8531

What to Report

You can help in our investigation of your concern by:
  • Reporting to staff the correct address where the problem is located. The exact address is most helpful.
  • Clearly state the problem. Remember we cannot see the problem you see while on the phone. Please be as specific as possible with your description of your concern.
  • Sometimes other agencies or departments are responsible for investigating your concern. We will advise you of the department's phone number and a contact name if possible. You can then speak directly with that agency.

What We Investigate

Environmental Inspections Division investigates the following:
  • Condemned structures
  • Damage Assessment
  • Failure to obtain a rental inspection
  • High Weeds
  • Inoperative motor vehicles
  • Open / vacant buildings
  • Property maintenance