- Feature Links
- Community Crime Reduction Programs, ARPA funded
Community Crime Reduction Programs, ARPA funded
The Community Crime Reduction Programs are designed to decrease crime and encourage residents to take a more active role in reducing crime in our city. Providing organizations with the funds needed to support those most affected by crime to increase safety is a vital initiative of the Crime plan.
Categories/Area of Focus
There are seven areas of focus for the target audience of the programs
Youth 6-10 years old
Teens 11-17 years old
Adults 18 and up
Award Amount & Payment Dates
The program awards will range from $500 to $10,000, and the time frame for each project completion is a maximum of one year from the awarding date of the funds. The funds will be paid every quarter after receipt of a quarterly report about the success. Funds will only be paid with the submission of the quarterly report.
- First payment December 22, 2022
- Second Payment March 1, 2023
- Third Payment June 1, 2023
- Last Payment September 1, 2023
Who is Eligible to Apply
To participate in the program, the applicant must be one of the following:
- 501c(3) preferred
- Neighborhood group working in the City of Portsmouth or having an established neighborhood outreach program.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form about your program information and Sign the Terms and Condition document.
- Submit it to the Office of the City Manager, Attention Community Crime Reduction Programs ARPA funded
- Email: [email protected]
- Instructions and the application are available here.
- Awards will be made on an annual basis. Only one program will be funded per fiscal year.
- The City must approve programs of the Portsmouth Community Crime Reduction Committee. The committee is comprised of representatives from the following Departments:
The committee will consist of representatives from the following departments.
- Deputy City Manager
- Grants Officer
- Social Services
- Behavioral Health
- Parks & Rec
- Marketing and Communications
- Portsmouth Police Department
- Economic Development (Workforce Development)
Applications Process Opens/Closes--- November 1, 2022 – December 10, 2022
Selection Committee Review/Notice of Awards--- December 12-14, 2022/December 16, 2022
Grant Awards Administrative Processing--- December 20-22, 2022
Program Work Period--- December 22, 2022 – December 31, 2023
Quarterly reports are due on February 15, 2023, May 15, 2023, and August 15, 2023, and the final report to include data-driven success on January 30, 2024