Zoning Verification Requests
Zoning Verification Requests are designed to give the applicant a general description of a zoning district or references to applicable zoning/development standards related to particular property.
- Omitting information from the description provided on the application will cause the application to be deemed incomplete.
- All requested information needs to be entered on the Zoning Verification Request Form. Information contained on other forms and documents submitted with the request form will not be considered in the request.
- No action will take place if staff determines that the application is incomplete.
- Once staff receives the required information as listed in the Submittal Requirement Checklist on the form and determines the application is complete, staff will review the request and mail or email a Zoning Verification letter to the primary point of contact listed
- The City shall not be required to inform the primary point of contact or property owner about any changes affecting the development potential or status of the lot or site after a Zoning Verification letter has been issued.
- The Zoning Verification Request form should not be used to request information about building code violations, fire code violations, certificates of occupancy, or copies of site plans on this form. Those requests are not handled by Zoning and need to be directed to the appropriate departments.
- Note that the Zoning Verification will be provided via a standard City letter. Any supplemental forms submitted by the applicant will not be filled out by the Zoning staff.
The Zoning Verification Request Fee is $25 or fee as established in City Code Appendix A Portsmouth Fee Schedule.
Note that no action on a Zoning Verification Request will take place until the appropriate fee is received.
Zoning Verification Request Form
Zoning Verification Request Form Submission
Completed applications should be submitted by email whenever possible. Email applications and associated supporting materials for Zoning Verifications Requests to Kelton Millhouse ([email protected]) and Kelly De Jesus ([email protected]).
Electronic/digital submission of applications and other materials is encouraged whenever feasible.
Zoning application materials and documents should not be placed in any dropbox or included with submissions to other city departments.
Required documents must be submitted directly to the Zoning staff and are required in addition to documents submitted to other departments.
For items that cannot be emailed, applicants can send items by US Postal Service, FedEx, or UPS (as appropriate for the application type).