Out of an abundance of caution due to novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), all City of Portsmouth Planning Department offices are currently physically closed to the public. However, our staff is still working and is here to assist you virtually. The public is encouraged to use the city’s online options for services.
The Planning Commission will resume meeting starting with the August 4, 2020 meeting. The meeting will be held virtually.
Staff is now accepting applications. The deadline for the August 4, 2020 meeting is June 19, 2020.
Visit this page for more details regarding virtual meetings and status.
Applicants are encouraged to contact staff via email or phone.
- Planning Commission Work Session - Virtual Meeting
- 12:30 p.m.
- July 7, 2020
- Meeting held in the Microsoft Teams application
- Click this link to access the meeting Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Or listen to the meeting on the phone by calling 804-294-1932 Conference ID# 462 677 946#
- Regular Meeting
- 1:30 p.m.
- 1st Tuesday of each month
- City Hall Building
- Meeting Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Planning Commission Meetings Opens a New Window.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Albert Williams, Chairman
- Amy Thompson, Vice Chairman
- Peter Youngblood
- Occasio Gee
- Sherri Thaxton
- Edwina Ricks
- Donna Coleman
The Commission’s primary responsibility is to make recommendations to the City Council on matters related to comprehensive and current planning and land use development.