Customer Service Office
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mon. - Fri.
Three new and easier ways
to pay your
Portsmouth Public Utilities bill!
PAY YOUR PUBLIC UTILITIES BILL
Pay your bill with your credit card (Discover, Visa, and Master Card accepted) or personal check.
1. Click this link
2. Follow the instructions
(have your credit card or personal check information and Utility account number ready)
You may call 757-393-5008 to use the automated phone system.
Use our electronic debiting service!
TO ENROLL IN THE ELECTRONIC PAYMENT
- COMPLETE, SIGN and RETURN an
Authorization Agreement Form for
each account you wish to have paid electronically.
(Click here for the
Authorization Agreement Form)
- RETURN the completed and signed
Authorization Form to us with a
VOIDED check (No Starter Checks) for the bank account you would like your
payments deducted from.
- Mail these to us at: Portsmouth Department of Public Utilities,
Post Office Box 490 Portsmouth, VA 23705
- If you change names, addresses, banks or bank account numbers a
new agreement(s) will be required.
- DO NOT MAIL THE AUTHORIZATION FORM AND VOIDED CHECK WITH YOUR
Your Public Services Bill will notify
you when Electronic Payment is in effect.
ON TIME PAYMENT! NO CHECK WRITING! NO
To participate in bank drafting, you will need to provide the
following information to the Public Utilities Department:
- Bank Account Number
- Bank Routing Number
- Bank Account type (Checking, Savings, etc)
- Signed Electronic Payment Authorization form
** Your account will be debited during the week your payment is due.
That could mean your bill will be paid a few days in advance of the
actual due date, but not after.