6 TO SIX: Before & After School Child Care
Registration begins August 1st
6 A.M. – 6 P.M.
(Hours of Operation: 6–9 a.m. and 3–6 p.m.)
A childcare alternative sponsored by the Portsmouth Parks, Recreation and Leisure Services and the Portsmouth Public Schools is staffed by educational paraprofessionals and professional recreators. Services provided to students will include:
- Help with homework and educational projects
- Participation in active games and contests
- Instruction of crafts and recreational activities
- Breakfast and after school snack
- School Days and Early Release Days
- One-time non-refundable $25 registration fee.
- The monthly cost per child for the Before Care is $140. After Care is $190.
- Combined Before and After Care is $245
- Family discounts for multiple children available
- Financial assistance may be available.
Now available at these schools:
- Brighton Elementary
- Churchland Academy
- Churchland Elementary
- Churchland Preschool
- Churchland Primary
- Douglass Park Elementary
- Emily Spong Preschool
- Hodges Manor Elementary (Before Care Only)
- James Hurst Elementary
- John Tyler Elementary
- Lakeview Elementary
- Mt. Hermon Preschool
- Olive Branch
- Parkview Elementary
- Simonsdale Elementary
- Victory Elementary
For more information and registration, call 757-393-8481. The office is located on the 3rd floor of City Hall.