Debra Y. White, CMC
Portsmouth City Clerk
801 Crawford Street
Portsmouth, Virginia 23704
Telephone: (757) 393-8639
Fax: (757) 393-5378
Chief Deputy Clerk
Anita Y. Sherrod
Senior Deputy Clerk
Keia D. Waters, CMC
Deputy City Clerk
Monika B. Johnson
Office of the City Clerk
The Mission of the City Clerk is to maintain the Vision of City Council by providing an avenue that permits an accessible and accurate library of official public records, past and present.
The Office of the City Clerk strives to provide a professional link between the citizens of Portsmouth and the decision makers for the City. We aim to serve as a neutral and impartial source for obtaining information and official records for all citizens, City staffers and City Officials.
The Office of the City Clerk provides several key functions that are vital to local government and the citizens of the City.
- Prepares Council Agendas
- Prepares Minutes
- Provides Notice of Council Meeting
- Coordinates Events and Daily Activities for City Council
- Maintains Official Records of the City
(Agendas, Contracts, Minutes, Ordinances and Resolutions)
- Prepares Correspondences, Letters and Proclamations
- Maintains Boards and Commissions Records
- Custodian of the City Seal
- As well as, a variety of many other duties.