The City of Portsmouth cares about the people that work here and serve the citizens of our City. We are committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes an array of programs available to regular full-time employees.
Our benefits programs reflect commitment – blending a core level of protection with a variety of optional benefit choices. New employees become eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following date of hire. We strive to be competitive with the labor market and other public and private sector employers in the area.
Our mission is to provide education, resources, and counsel to assist employees in making informed decisions for their current and future needs by offering an affordable, comprehensive, and competitive benefits package.
In carrying out this mission, we will strive to:
- Respond with knowledge, confidence and professionalism
- Advocate on behalf of employees while maintaining a balance with the City's interest
- Partner with quality vendors
- Design programs that promote the health and well-being of our employees and their families
- Promote innovation and change
To view the employee rates per pay period for the 2019 Plan Year, please click here Employee Health Insurance Rates. To view the retiree rates per month for the 2019 Plan Year, please click here Retiree Health Insurance Rates.
For questions or additional information please contact us directly at [email protected]